Re: Do not visit this website !!!

From: Larry Linson <larry.linson_at_ntpcug.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 01:28:02 GMT

  "Chiltown Worldwide" <xxx_at_yyy.zzz> wrote:
> Dont click this URL http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/five.html !!!

THIS IS BLATANT SPAM. My less-patient colleagues may feel free to find the appropriate complaint destination and request appropriate action -- not that they need my permission, anyway.

However, I do appreciate the good advice. I took it and did not, and will not, click the URL in the original post. I'm leary of the legitimacy of sites that don't have a domain name, anyway. And, further, there was a error trying to post with an e-mail copy to the listed From address (but I also hadn't obliterated the URL, either).

USENET Newsgroup rules prohibit advertising of any kind in all newsgroups except those whose charter permits it. The charter of comp.databases.ms-access not only does not permit advertising, it specifically repeats the prohibition. This is clearly explained in the daily FAQ post and at the newsgroup's FAQ site, http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.

By posting here, you have demonstrated that you are not a regular participant in the newsgroup (or you would have seen this admonition many times and would know that most participants here do not patronize spammers) or someone who is unwilling to follow the rules of the newsgroup.

Thank you for your consideration in not posting any additional advertisements in comp.databases.ms-access.

--
 L. M. (Larry) Linson
  Access example databases at http://homestead.deja.com/user.accdevel   New: Book reviews, previously published in North Texas PC News   Script execution must be enabled and Windows set to Small Fonts

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 26 2000 - 19:28:02 CST