command timeout not response

From: Rex & Ada <adaleong_at_macau.ctm.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:35:26 +0800

I am developing an application using VB and connect to ORACL by using ADO. One day, one of developer issue an updae SQL statement in SQL*PLUS but not commit, thus, the updated record is locked. When I try to update the same in my VB application, it hang. But after I commited the previous update in SQL*PLUS, my application responsed at once. Indeed, I have set the commandtimeout to 3 but it seems that it dose not response.

Are there anyone who encountered the same problem before? Would you please informe what I have done wrong. Thanks.

Rex Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 10:35:26 CST