SQL Question

From: Misha <mshor_at_brodia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:13:11 -0800

Hello, everybody!

Here's SQL problem I cannot solve.

Our database contains some records with special characters such as "A&B Software".
When I execute query Oracle returns the results in a form of "A%26B Software". & symbol is being replaced with the "%26" string ( ' symbol is replaced with %27 string and so on for the rest of special characters).
What should I do in order to get results as "A&B Software"?

Thanks in advance

Misha
http://www.brodia.com

P.S. When I retrieve the record such as "first last" result is in the form "first+last". I can fix it by simply using TRANSLATE (column_name, '1+' , '1 ' ). This will replace + sign with the space. But when I use TRANSLATE (column_name, '1"%26"' , '1& ' ) it doesn't work. Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 19:13:11 CST