Re: 1 user for multiple DB instances?

From: Gorm Larsen <gorm_larsen_at_vestjyde.dk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:02:48 +0100

In article <8953s7$1jd$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, otis_at_my-deja.com says...
> > When you connect as internal, you will always connect to an instance
> and
> > the user you create will be tied to that instance.
>
> But which instance?
> The one from ORACLE_SID env. variable?

I know my english isn't perfect, but is it really that bad ? [Teaching mode on]

connect system/manager_at_sid_a
create user x identified by x_psw;
user x is tied to instance sid_a

connect system/manager_at_sid_b
create user x identified by x_psw;
user x is tied to instance sid_b

You will now have user x 2 times, so you can: conn x/x_psw_at_sid_a and
conn x/x_psw_at_sid_b

[Teaching mode off]
:-)

--
Gorm Larsen Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 16:02:48 CST