ORA-00101

From: mparish <mparishNOmpSPAM_at_inlogic.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:59:01 -0800

Running Oracle 8.0.5 on NT4.0 we encounter this error when an application called a specific stored procedure.

ORA-00101: invalid specification for initialization parameter MTS_DISPATCHERS
Cause: The syntax for the MTS_DISPATCHERS parameter is incorrect.

Action: Enter the MTS_DISPATCHERS parameter into the initialization parameter file with the correct syntax and then shut down and restart the instance.

Using Enterprises Manager, and invoking the Instance Manager (Initialization Parameters) and openning the 'Instance Specific' tab I located the MTS-MAX-DISPATCHERS Parameter Name set to a value of '5', which I assumed is the default value.

I can't find any documentation pertaining to this parameter so I'm wondering if I can increase its' value? Just what exactly does this do?