Pass a query into a stored proc?

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:02:13 +0000

Hi,

I want to be able to pass a select query into a procedure, open a cursor for that query then return the cursor.

So far, I have managed to make a function that opens a cursor for a hardcoded query, but is it possible to pass in a varchar2 which holds the query to execute? How's it done?

Here's the simple proc I have at the moment:

create or replace package types
as

        type cursorType is ref cursor;
end;
/

create or replace procedure retcurs_proc (mycurs out types.cursorType)
is
begin
open mycurs for select * from emp;

end retcurs_proc;
/

How could I change the above proc to be able to pass in a query?

thanks,