Re: Platform choice

From: ykhogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:51:52 -0700

Hi,

Actually depending on your specific requirements the choice can be made. Generally speaking some factors that plays a role in making the decision will be :

1]-The number of users you are going to have
2]-The number of simultaneous connections you are planing to have.
3]-Estimated number of transactions.

You also need to pay attention to headroom for future expansion and future upgrades.

Finally it all depends on your budget !!

Regards

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"

"Jamie Kincaid" <jamie_at_thale.nott.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Pine.SOL.3.96.1000225150038.27310C-100000_at_thale...

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for advice on platform choice for an oracle database.
> What specifications in particular should I be looking at when
> purchasing a server to run Oracle 8i and Oracle application server.
>
> Compaq claim their DS20 model is 'ideal' for running Oracle.
> But I am unsure of what makes it so 'ideal'. What do you need to best
> serve Oracle (apart from lots of diskspace if you need it).
> Is Oracle more suited to a sun or a DEC or an NT or is it down to the
> OS?
>
> Many thanks for any advice received.
>
> Jamie

___