stored proc problem

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:26:18 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to get a stored proc to return a ref cursor. Here's the code I have at the moment:

create or replace package types
as

        type cursorType is ref cursor;
end;
/

create or replace procedure retcurs_proc (mycurs out types.cursorType)
is
begin
open mycurs for select * from emp;

end retcurs_proc;
/

This compiles with no errors. When I do exec retcurs_proc(), I get this error:

PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'RETCURS_PROC'

Why do I get the error? The procedure has no IN variables so how is there a wrong number of parameters in the above call?

thanks,