Re: Select Family, First (Name) from ... group by Family

From: Patrick Joyal <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:23:17 GMT

>Functionality like what you're looking for is frequently part of PC based
>tools. There are ways of getting to what you want with Oracle, but you're
going
>to have to write code. If you're more comfortable using Access, why not
attach
>the Oracle tables and run your queries/reports from Access? I think this
might
>be an equally good solution.

We're switching to Oracle in part because Access is not that fast and reliable. I can't
use Access as a bridge. And I'm not sure it will works, because I remember trying with a Thoroughbred
database through ODBC, and it didn't understand Access queries. Maybe my memories aren't so good, but
I just can't afford using Access on top of Oracle.

For everyone who took the time to give real answer, thank you. It maybe didn't solve my problem
but it gave some good ideas.

Patrick Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 08:23:17 CST