Re: Select Family, First (Name) from ... group by Family

From: Joel Racicot <joelracicot_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:34:37 GMT

You're question/problem is very interesting, but I think egos are getting in the way.

How 'bout everybody takes a deep breath and relax.

Patrick,

There are major differences between PC-based tools (e.g. Access, dBase, FoxPro, etc.) and what I call heavy-duty RDBMS'.

Functionality like what you're looking for is frequently part of PC based tools. There are ways of getting to what you want with Oracle, but you're going to have to write code. If you're more comfortable using Access, why not attach the Oracle tables and run your queries/reports from Access? I think this might be an equally good solution.

Joel