Re: WebDB crisis -- Any pointers/help from anyone?

From: Brooks Vaughn <brooks_at_tidalwave.net>
Date: 2000/02/24

I am struggling with the same problems and many more with WebDB. I wish someone showed some examples of how to fill in the blanks. Saying "Put PL/SQL code here" is not good enough. We need several examples of what and how to put something there.

Any help is always needed.
Brooks Vaughn
brooks_at_tidalwave.net

Sanjay Jain wrote:

> I am working on a WebDB application and after weeks of trying various
> things -- I still cant get a good handle on how varibale values can get
> passed between Forms and Reports, and occasionally when passed how one can
> access and use them. As a (what should be a tremondously simple) example:
>
> 1) Have a report R with one column Rc1, which linked via link to a form
> which is allows user to enter all the right things but in addition needs the
> Value Rc1 to display only on the form and when the user clicks "insert", the
> value of Rc1 neds to be inserted in a table.... (there MUST be a way!)
>
> 2) Have a report R1 with column R1c1 linked to another report R2 which has a
> column R2C1 also linked, to a Form. This form like the example above needs
> to display the values of R1C1 and R2C1 and then on 'insert" be available for
> manipulation/lookup/insertion.
>
> Any help/pointers greatly appreciated.
>
> Sanjay

For Personal Contacts and Interests!
Brooks Vaughn
3204 Bunker Hill Road
Mt. Rainier, MD 20712-1919 USA
Voice: 301-864-6513, Fax: 301-864-6513,*2 (if necessary)
MailTo:brooks@tidalwave.net <http://www.tidalwave.net/~brooks>
ICQ Uin # 126670, US Servas: <http://www.servas.org>
For Official US Government Business Only!
Brooks Vaughn
Federal Trade Commission
6th Street & Pennslyvania Ave. NW
Rm H-603 / Mail Stop H-684