Re: Deferred constraint check

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:55:52 -0500

A copy of this was sent to jeanch_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:38:59 GMT, you wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I've got deferred constraint set on a column in a table;
>However when I update an entry at commit time I get
>ORA-02292: integrity constraint (CCS_IFCS_IFC_FK) violated - child
>record found)

you'll get that if you

at the time of commit. a deferred constraint deferrs checking until you commit -- when you commit the constraint must be satisfied. you are doing one of the three things above and then committing. Its supposed to work that way.

>It I disable all constraint obviously it works.
>So I wonder if the ROWID is a hidden part of constraint
>integrity checks.
>
>OR is the order in which those transaction are run matters for ORACLE.
>
>Any help welcome
>
>Cheers
>JC
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 11:55:52 CST