Re: export/import different SID

From: Sandra Fraune <sandra_at_muenster.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:51:57 GMT

Hi!

You can also 'move' without the user-specified way. Create the new database with all tablespaces. The tablespace name must be the same as on the old database. During the import you get some errors because the tablespaces are already there and could not be created by the imp-tool, but this is okay :)

Sandra Fraune

In article <88ukrc$ari$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tandym_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> hi.
>
> create your tablespaces and user (schema) first - then define those
new
> tablespaces as your default tablespaces for that user. Set quota=0
for
> the original tablespace on your destination machine, and then specify
> that you want to import from user to user and perform the import.
> There is a very good bulletin on metalink, DocID: 61949.1, Subject:
> Export and Import Bulletin. If you do a search on 61949.1 it should
> come up.
>
> sonya
>
> In article <38B2B5EE.F73B92F6_at_biostat.ufl.edu>,
> Derrius Marlin <dmarlin_at_biostat.ufl.edu> wrote:
> > Can a a full or user mode export be imported into a new DB
> > (different machine) with a different SID?
> >
> > What I want to do is to move a DB (mostly all objects associated
> > with a particular schema) from one machine to another both using
> > Oracle 7.3.4. In the process I want to use a different SID name
> > and locate the datafiles in different paths than the original DB.
> >
> > Any suggestions for how to best do this would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks much,
> > --
> > -Derrius
> >
> > -----------

> > Derrius Marlin, Systems Manager University of
Florida
> > dmarlin_at_biostat.ufl.edu Division of
Biostatistics
> > http://www.biostat.ufl.edu/~dmarlin (352)
392-8446

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 09:51:57 CST