Procedure compilation error

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:24:19 +0000

Hi,

Sorry if this is really obvious, but I'm very new to all this PL/SQL malarkey. I want a procedure to create a view. Here's the procedure:

create or replace procedure viewproc
( ns in varchar2, nt in varchar2, nvid in varchar2 ) as
begin
create or replace view testview1 as
select * from emp;
end viewproc;

it fails to compile: here's what the error message says:

SQL> show errors
Errors for PROCEDURE VIEWPROC

LINE/COL ERROR

5/1 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "CREATE" when expecting one of   the following:
  begin declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise   return select update while <an identifier>
<a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> <<
  close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback   savepoint set sql execute commit forall
<a single-quoted SQL string>

What have I done wrong?

thanks,