Oracle 8.05 on LINUX

From: Edward Kulbacki <efkulbacki_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:08:32 GMT

I'm having one heck of a time trying to install Oracle 8.05 on LINUX Mandrake 6.0 (Red Hat 6.0 with enhancements).

I even used the steps submitted by one other user who had tried installing Oracle on LINUX 12 times - and I am
still running into problems.

Why hasn't Oracle supplied more/better step-by-step instructions to complete the installation?

Anyway, any additional help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ed K. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 19:08:32 CST