Re: Oracle8 Migration Time Concerns

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:52:36 GMT

I have migrated 7.1.4 to 8i using Export / Import on AIX 4.3

It was a bit ugly (until we figured out that both instances could NOT run on the same machine because of the post-wait kernel extension, after that it was a breeze, relatively speaking). If your development platform is set up already, that simplifies matters greatly. I found that the actual export, ftp binary, import into 8i took about 8 hours total. Make sure you create your users/schemas before you import. This Database was perhaps - 1.5 GB or so.

sonya

In article <sb7rndl0r2a178_at_corp.supernews.com>,   Pat McNally <patricia.mcnally_at_cna.com> wrote:
> I am interested in any information on migrating an Oracle7 DB to
Oracle8
> using either Import/Export or the Migration Utility. I am
specifically
> interested in the amount of time it takes to convert the database
when
> the database is several gigs. According to the documentation the
> Migration Utility is suggested. Does anyone have any experience
> statistics on this?
>
> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 12:52:36 CST