Re: Designer referencin external entities

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:19:08 -0800

Claudio BROGGIO wrote:

> Ciao everybody.
> I designing an ER Diagram.
> Now I want to insert (refer) an entity that already
> exists in another repository. How can I do it? The
> owner of the second repository gave me grants to
> access the entity.
> Thanks for answering.
> Claudio

Sorry, you cannot.
Unless you do not actually mean 'another repository' but 'another application'
(in the same repository), you should share the entity into your app, and then use
Edit->Include from the ERD diagrammer. You can share between apps in the

same repository, not between repositories (aka databases).

Hth
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 17:19:08 CST