Re: Help: Many to Many relationships

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:03:55 GMT

In article <88sar2$gpm$1_at_news1.mpx.com.au>,   "Peter Mount" <pmount_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just recently started to learn Oracle at my school.
>
> I just need to know if Oracle handles Many to Many relationships in
the ER
> Diagram (as part of the Data Modelling process) in the same way as MS
> Access - i.e. with a joining table in between the two tables with the
many
> to many relationship with each other.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Mount
> pmount_at_optusnet.com.au

The easiest way is to put another table in between the two. So, you break the connection from one M:N into two 1:M. Start : Table1 : Table2 M:N
Solution : Table1 : Table3 1:M

           Table2 : Table3 1:M
If you are using Des/2000 then the ERD diagram will break any M:N to the way described before.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 02:03:55 CST