Using to_char() in a WEBDB query

From: Jacquie Armstrong <jacquieNOSPAM_at_softtracks.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2000 16:51:29 -0800

I am using WebDB to create a report (based on an SQL Query), and one of the fields is a date field. I want to display the time in a specific format using to_char, but when I try to create the select statement in WebDb, the parser complains and it won't let me. When I take this line out, the query works fine.

to_char(datetime, 'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS'),

The errors I get are:

WWV-13010  Unable to describe SQL statement. Please correct it
ORA-06502  ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
WWV-13005  Invalid SQL statement: SELECT TransactionID,
                               TO_CHAR(DATETIME, 'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS'),
			       TOTAL,
                               FROM MYSCHEMA.Detail;
ORA-06502  ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error

Any ideas on how I can format the time the way I want to?

Thanks,
Jacquie. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 18:51:29 CST