Re: how to get excel into oracle

From: Jack Montealegre <jmontealegre_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:12:05 -0500

All,

Thanks for the quick responses. Okay so now that you have convinced me I need to use SQL Loader to get the data in, I can accept that. I'm guessing I can also create the script that will be used by SQL Loader to just append the data to the specified table etc.

How about my P.S. question? Is there client software already created where users can go into the db to modify data etc such as the table editor in schema manager? Some client front end that might work on both Windows and Unix platform? Or does this need to be developed in Java/Visual Basic?

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Jack