Re: Oracle packages in Visual C++

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:13:23 +0000

rockcogar wrote:

> I am an Oracle DBA that does some of my DBMS work with Visual
> C++ 5.0 using ODBC. I have always assumed that my VC win apps
> could use packages via ODBC. Is this not so ?

It is possible, beware of a bad version of the driver which would NOT allow

{call packagename.procedurename()}

syntax == simply be sure that you have the latest patch version for your client version as this bug was fixed some time ago.

Alternatively use the

begin packagename.procedurename(); end;

syntax. This was a workaround for the driver version that exhibited the bug. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:13:23 CST