Re: How to use the 8.05 Default Database...?

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:38:15 GMT

Did you create the database at home or at work? Can you log into your work network from home? If so, then you will need to install Oracle client on your home PC, and create a connect string using the Net8 easy config tool. This is simple - just asks for protocol and hostname and SID of your db. Then once you are connected to your network, simply log onto sqlplus (or whatever application) as username: myuser password: mypassword connection: myconnection, myconnection being whatever you called your connect string when you used the net8 easy config.

the default passwords that come with your database are user: system pword: manager
user: sys pword: change_on_install

sonya
In article <88uqpn$fjd$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   the_clansman_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NT Server 4.0,
> I installed Oracle Entreprise 8.05 and the default database when
> prompted for at setup.
>
> I went on a 5-days Oracle Dabatabase Administration course last week.
> Very interesting... But did not create any database. So, how do I
> connect to a database at home. Do I have to create my own database??
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 14:38:15 CST