Installation: Linking Errors

From: Thomas Fischer <himself_at_tfischer.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:51:11 GMT

Hi,

I want to install Oracle8.05 on SuSE5.2 (Kernel 2.0.33). Yes, I know they are obsolete but I want it that way because the box it should run on is rather small.

During the installation process a couple of errors occur which are all related to 'linking'. Errors come up like "Relinking Error. The executables for Oracle8 Standard (RDBMS) were not made successfully".

what does that mean and how can I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Tom

candy m. herr = $candy_at_tfischer.de

.........and remove the $.........