Oracle Transparent Gateway and Snapshots

From: K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:43:38 -0500

Is it possible to create snapshots for tables that are being access from a non-Oracle database via Oracle Transparent Gateway?

For example, say I have an Informix database running on a server. I also have a server running Oracle. If I install OTG, can I then create a snapshot in the Oracle database that is based on an Informix table? If this is possible, are there any limitations which would come into effect vis-a-vis if the other database were Oracle and being accessed via sqlnet? Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:43:38 CST