Re: tnsping problem

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2000 14:37:55 -0500

Another poster had this problem as well. It turned out that tnsping was running setuid root and a security feature in Solaris prevents shared libraries from being used by setuid applications.

Check the permissions on the executable. If the setuid bit is enabled, turn it off.

                                            Rick

--

                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.