sequences and views

From: K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:53:28 -0500

Why doesn't oracle allow a sequence to be used as a column in a view? I'm sure there is probably a rational explanation, but it is one that I don't understand at the moment.

I have a client application which, for some reason does not allow a '.' to appear in a column name and therefore I can't have something like abc.nextval where abc is a sequence. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:53:28 CST