Dev2k v2.1 install goes kaput on 8.0.5 NT enterprise box

From: <tandym_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:44:35 GMT

I have just started contracting out at a location that is using a curious mix of old and new... Yesterday they asked me to install Oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise edition on a laptop running NT, and then to also install Developer and Designer 2000, each version 2.1.

Oracle 8.0.5 installs cleanly, but whenever I try to install developer it just goes 'kaput' about 15 - 20% through the install. All the windows go away, and that's it. Anybody have a clue? Are Dev 2.1 and 8.0.5 compatible? Am I missing a file? I have tried installing with the old installer, and tried with the new installer. I clean the directory tree out and the registry (and of course, bounce the box) between each try. This is the fourth time and I am a little frustrated. Last time I even tried putting dev2k 2.1 in it's own oracle home, and that puked as well.

sonya

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:44:35 CST