external procedures/routines SO library

From: Tang <dynasty_tang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:30:04 GMT

Hi, there -

I am fairly interested in the exteral procedure mechanism, and thought it is a quite elegent way to solve the interfacing problem with a legacy system developed in C/C++ primarily.

I can't find more information on the DLL (or SO in SunSol) details. My question is:

Does extproc have the ability to act like a loader (ld/ild)? That is, it is able to locate any other dynamic libraries that are required by the DLL/SO? It is common that rwtools lib is used.

Is there some tricky way to let exproc grab everything it needs to invoke the func in the DLL, through configuration? I mean, make everything statically linked in the DLL is seemingly inviable and not desirable.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Tang