Dynamically update VB app based on insert in Oracle database?

From: Chris Carter <cjcarter_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:00:29 -0800

Hello,

I tried looking in a VB or Oracle FAQ for the above and couldn't find anything. Any pointers would be appreciated. I'm trying to do the following...
I'm using ADO to communicate with an Oracle 8.0.3 database (on a Novell 4.1.3 server.) I'd like my VB app to perform an action when an insert takes place in one of the database tables. The only thing is that my VB app doesn't cause the insert. Is there a "simple" way for my VB app to be notified of the insert? I created a trigger that updated the table and had VB look at the table that was being updated. However, my VB app wasn't notified with a RecordChangeComplete or RecordsetChangeComplete event. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Chris Carter
cjcarter_at_erols.com Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 10:00:29 CST