Re: Database links

From: Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:21:40 -0600

Greetings.

Here's what technet has to say about the error (pretty much same as the TNS-12666): +++
ORA-12666: Dedicated server: outbound transport protocol different from inbound

Cause: The protocol specified for an externally-identified outbound connection from a dedicated server (database link) was not the same as that used for the inbound connection. It is not possible for SQL*Net to authenticate a proxy
connection that uses a protocol that is different from that which was used for the connection to the dedicated server.

Action: Specify the same protocol in the SQL*Net connect string or alias for the outbound connection as that used for the inbound connection
+++

I can't say what might be happening - but at least ya know now that _this_ is the error. :-)

Regards,
Brice