Re: Pro*C compilation errors

From: <steyaert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:17:50 GMT

You need to have your $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg file, or command line arguments in the proper order. Here's the one that I use:

sys_include=/usr/include
sys_include=/usr/969/include
sys_include=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/include
include=/usr2/oracle/precomp/public
include=/usr/969/lib/sql
ltype=short
code=ansi_c
parse=none

Please note that /usr/969 are files in our local system, for our local system. /usr2/oracle is my $ORACLE_HOME. Lastly, this is for RedHat Linux. Other OSes will probably change this greatly. (Although most Unixes should be very similar. With NT your results will probably vary tremendously.)

Terry Steyaert
steyaert_at_my-deja.com

P.S. When you get beyond the first couple, you need to have tables created and the scott/tiger demonstration database installed. To be honest, I don't remember where all of the stuff you need is configured.

In article <88kaah$p1k$1_at_news-int.gatech.edu>,   kirk_at_kaybee.org wrote:
> K Stahl <BlueSax_at_unforgettable.com> wrote:
> : Do you have any of your own header files that are higher in the
list then
> : the ones that are generating errors?
>
> No, I'm just compiling the sample program that came with Oracle... the
> first error is from my system include files.
>
> I have spent two days trying to get the sample Pro*C files to
compile...
> it's very frustrating. If somebody could fix it for me, I'd be
willing
> to send you money...
>
> --
> Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk_at_kaybee.org -- Avid Linux
User
> GT Sport Parachuting Club! http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/skydive
> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 10:17:50 CST