Re: Connecting with C

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:13:13 GMT

Douglas,

There are at least two ways to connect to the Oracle database using C. You could use either the Pro*C/C++ Precompiler or the Oracle Call Interface (OCI).

Documentation for both can be found at:

        http://technetinside.us.oracle.com/doc/server815.htm

Hope this helps.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:33:26 GMT, "Dougas Garstang" <garstangd_at_news.com.au> wrote:

>All,
>
>Can anyone give me some pointers as to where I can find docs on the net,
>about connecting to Oracle 8 with C?
>
>Unix environment... using local oracle libraries I imagine. I've done it
>with Postgres before, so I wouldn't imagine it would too different.
>
>I've been hunting around for hours with no luck so far.
>
>Regards
>Douglas
>garstangd_at_news.com.au

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 06:13:13 CST