connecting to database

From: Louis Frolio <frolio_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:25:02 GMT

greeting all, I am a newbie and would appreciate information regarding the method
to connect to a database. I installed Oracle 8.0.5.0 on NT sp 5. The database
installs with a default database "default". However, I used the Oracle Database
Assistant to create a new database "Cats" and now I can't seem to see it when I open
Schema Manager or the Instance Manager. I went to NT Services and I see that the
Cats instance is running? What do I need to do to see "Cats' database in either Schema
Manager or Instance Manager? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 21:25:02 CST