Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Don Macpherson <nearly-donmac_at_almost-erols.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:15:41 GMT

"Raymond N Shwake" <rshwake_at_rsxtech.atww.org> wrote in message news:Fq5u8x.40J_at_rsxtech.atww.org...
[snip]

> And of course, that means the customer has purchased *twelve*
> licenses for Win 2000 Advanced Server, not to mention the associated
> *client* licenses, and will have to maintain twelve servers.

One of your implications is that of the supposed expense of the licences. The total of all of these is supposed to be included in the costed configuration, which calculates as approx 1/3 of the previous winner. Is that a problem?

Saving $8 million dollars still sounds like a saving to senior management.

It looks like we may be about to see some price competition for the highend market.

Don Macpherson Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 21:15:41 CST