Rollback Contention

From: DianeB <diane_at_adventservices.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:49:20 -0500

I have just been told my a consultant that on looking at the database I may well have a rollback contention problem.

Can anyone please tell me a quick and easy way of establishing if he is right. My rollback segments are configured as follows:-

No of Rollback segments 35

Initial Extent 1M Next 1M

Optimal Size 10M

The database is for Oracle Financials 10.7 with roughly 150 users.

Also could someone give me in real simple terms what the rules are for deciding which rollback segment is chosen by a new transaction.

Many Thanks
DB Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 17:49:20 CST