How Much Unused Space in Table Wiith 'Long Raw' Row?

From: <ishayfriedman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:00:09 GMT

Hello,

We are running SAP v3.1I with Oracle 8.0.4 on HP- UX. We have deleted many entries from one table, which has a 'long raw' field. How could we estimate, or determine, how much space in that table is now free? (I don't know the average size of our 'long row' string).

Could we run the command 'ALTER TABLE <xx> DEALLOCATE UNUSED' (Syntax?) while the table is being used, or is this not recommended?

Also, are there any ways of determining the quality of the primary (and only) index to the table?

Thanks,

Ishay Friedman
SAP BASIS Admin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 10:00:09 CST