Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:28:24 -0600

I heard about a half year ago that Oracle was offering a reward of a million dollars to anyone who could prove that SQLServer did not run 100 times slower than Oracle.

At the time I heard this, I suspected that SQLServer might be at most 10 times slower, but the only way for Microsoft to win such a challenge would be to actually score faster than Oracle.

Although the conditions might not be met for that reward, it is good to see competition, especially when what appears to be the fastest is also the cheapest solution.

Frank Hubeny