Re: PL/SQL: table, varray etc. as a procedure parameter?? (newbie)

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:51:12 GMT

Hi.

 Put both your "first" and "second" procs inside package.  Define TYPE my_tab_type IS TABLE OF ... INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;  inside the package spec. Then you will be able to use it as  parm type everywhere.

 HTH. Michael.

In article <88b7c4$uec$1_at_nntp.hut.fi>,
  "Do not reply" <Do_not_reply_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after going through a couple of thick manuals (Oracle 8 SQL Reference,
> PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference) I couldn't find a solution.
>
> My procedure "first" creates a dynamical html file with a form. In
the form
> there's n checkbox fields that should be submitted to another
procedure
> "second" (names changed). How do I define "second" when I don't know
how
> many parameters it is going to receive?
>
> I tried to name the checkbox fields as f(1), f(2) and so on, and
define
> "second" to have "m MTABLE" as a parameter. But where should I
introduce
> MTABLE, which is "table of number index by binary_integer"? As a
parameter,
> "m is table of..." doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas? I would prefer not to use javascript or anything like
that...
> could "first", when creating the form, create "second" as well, since
the
> number of parameters would be correct. Or is there global variables in
> PL/SQL I could use?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 13:51:12 CST