[SQL] Subqueries help needed.

From: Alain Kreienbuhl <akreienb_at_fisystem.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:20:22 +0100

Hello,

I wish to do the following

SELECT claim_number
FROM clains
WHERE main_claim_number , secondary_claim_number IN (

                        SELECT main_claim_number , min

(secondary_claim_number )
FROM clains GROUP BY main_claim_number )

(this may look wired but some how this is what the query must do )

My question is actually focusing on the following part of the query

... WHERE col1, col2 IN (

            SELECT col1, col1
            )

In remember in SQL2 hand book seeing something like that. But Oracle says :

"ORA-00920: invalid relational operator Cause: A search condition was entered with an invalid or missing relational operator. "

(I have a real dirty query doing the above but It's to diry to be
used...)

Thanks for help.

Alain. Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 01:20:22 CST