Re: Virtual Memory Setting for Oracle on NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/02/17

Guideline : the SGA should not be bigger than one third of physical RAM. One common pitfall is the NT server is optimized as fileserver ( you can check this in the server item in the network applet of control panel). In that case one third of memory is reserved for file caching purposes. You need to make sure NT is optimized for client server operations.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA