Re: PL/SQL question

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/17

In article <38AB5F4A.B2DD4645_at_mindspring.com>,   hclarius_at_mindspring.com wrote:
> Overload the procedure, define it once for no parameter(all
> employees) and with stringlist.

My question is: how to you intend to access the result set?

I think this may be a job for a reference cursor. I remember seeing an example in the manuals of using a loosely defined cursor to perform multiple queries. I am not sure which ver 8 manual it was, but I would guess it was the pl/sql manual. The was a packaged routine to open the cursor based on input criteria, fetch the rows to the application, and close the cursor.

The other possiblility that comes to my mind is using dynamic sql via the dbms_sql package.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.