Re: help with CREATE SYNONYM

From: Daniel <delj_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/02/16

> import done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character
> set
> export client uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion)
> export server uses US7ASCII NCHAR character set (possible ncharset
> conversion)

You have a different character set on the two databases. This cannot be corrected without recreating the database systems to match. I don't believe there will be a problem with the above conversion but I cannot guarantee it.

> . . importing table "CATEGORY"
> IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1552 encountered
> ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace
> 'USERS'

You need to create public rollback segments and have them online. Use the commit=y to make sure you don't max out the rollbacks on large tables. Make sure you have a temp as well and that it is the default for your new user as well as the USERS tablespace.

Daniel
Austin, TX Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CST