Re: Best DBA Tools?

From: John S. Fetzik <*REMOVE*jfetzik_at_sandc.com>
Date: 2000/02/16

>I will say this though - I have hundreds of programs loaded onto my
>computer systems at home. Not one of them has a "cute" name. And you know
>what? I have yet to find that I am hampered in any way by not running
>"cute" programs.

Well 'Oracle' is a pretty 'cute' name. You don't use any those products?

As for TOAD it is useful. It simplifies many common tasks and puts them all in one place. This is particularly useful for infrequent and/or new oracle developers. Sure you can do everything that TOAD does with SQLPlus, and you may even prefer it, but there are plenty of people these days that want a point and click environment.

The free version of TOAD has a particularly good price to performance ratio.

John S. Fetzik
*REMOVE*jfetzik_at_sandc.com Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CST