Re: Microsoft ODBC driver

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: 2000/02/16

Ed,

 We are having the same problem using MS ODBC driver for Oracle. But if the version of your Oracle database is 8.0.5 or older, you should be fine. When trying to connect to Oracle 8.1.5, you might want to install any older version of Oracle client first, let Microsoft ODBC driver talk to the older version of Oracle client and let the client talk to your Oracle 8.1.5 database via SQL*Net or Net8. This should work around the problem.

Loren Sun

--
ed (tinman_x_at_hotmail.com)
wrote: : Hey all,

: I can't seem to get the microsoft ODBC driver to connect to and Oracle
: 8.1.5 database using vb6, with ADO, through the OLEDB provider for ODBC.
: The driver is...

: Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, version 2.573.4202.00

: This SHOULD be able to connect to 8.1.5, right??? If not, is there an MS
: version that does???

: Regards
: Ed.