help with CREATE SYNONYM

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: 2000/02/16

Hi,

Here's what I want to do - I want to make a copy of all the tables for one user (user1) from a remote machine to my local machine. I plan to use exp to export a whole user. The sticking point is that I want all the tables to belong to a different user (user2) when I reconstruct the data with imp.
So I thought I should probably just make a synonym 'user1' for user2 on the local system, then import the data as normal.

Am I taking the right approach or is there an easier or more obvious way I should be doing this?
If this is the right way to do it, will this CREATE SYNONYM command work?:

create synonym user1
for user2;

thanks in advance,