Export from Enterprise Manager

From: Vladimir Mylnikov <vladimirNOvlSPAM_at_omni-group.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/02/16

I am playing with Enterprise Manager 2.0.4. I tried to export data from 8.1.5 database. I usually use the old good command line based export utility, so I tried to use that funny user interface supplied by OEM. I can connect to the database (Oracle runs on NT) and do almost anything I want without any problem. But when trying to export data from a table using OEM I receive the connection error when the job starts:

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 12154 encountered; ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name; EXP-00000: Export
terminated unsuccessfully.

That's very strange because OEM connects to the database and works OK. 'Destination' parameter in OEM Job manager is exactly the same as it used by OEM to connect to the database: global database name. In fact, it's not possible to change destination parameter to anything else except another database OEM is currently connected to. My Net8 configuration uses only TNSNAMES. SQLNET.ORA contains the only statement about tracing (turns it off). As I mentioned, destination parameter in job manager equals the global database name. I can connect from DBA standalone tools (say, Schema Manager started without OEM) without any problem by specifying global database name or using TNS service name (as configured in TNSNAMES.ORA) for connection descriptor.

Am I missing something and the job manager in OEM uses different NET8 configuration? I mean not the files in
.\OEM_HOME\NET80\ADMIN ? So, is there a way to make it work or it's better to continue to use command line export utility?

Vladimir Mylnikov
Senior Software Developer

Omni-Tech Systems Ltd.
2016-7445 132 Street