Re: Best DBA Tools?

From: Girts Graudins <ggraudins_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/15

> What do folks think of the
> Oracle-brand DBA tools? The documentation touts Enterprise Manager
> pretty heavily, but I'd like to hear people's response.

I eventually abandoned EM. Reasons:

  1. same as you, I didn't like maintaining connection information all over the place,
  2. the "GUI" was ridiculous,
  3. i had to keep switching between a bezillion different tools. they provide a number of tools for different tasks, whereas i'd prefer having a single unified environment, not different applications,
  4. the tools had no extra functionality. SQL Worksheet, for example - i might as well use plus80.exe

Girts

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CST