Backup Oracle 8.0.5.2 on NT

From: Immo Wetzel <iwetzel_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/02/15

Hello

Today i have try to make a backup from the database. (Its just new and i should install a backup)
So im a newbie and try to use the enterprise manager -> backup manager.

After i create a channel (backup to disk into a existing path) i generate a backup job (Whole database) with start immediately.
BUT only the job is marked as submitted and its all there is no generated file no massiv disk activity nothing. After to Hours i think there is a problem with my understanding.

Please help me and show me how its should work

Thanks and sorry for my english

--

Immo Wetzel
Fachhochschule Stralsund http://www.fh-stralsund.de University of applied science Received on Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CST