External Procedure

From: GoPahDoo <gopahdoo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:08:04 GMT

Thanks for replying.

I have created a generic C program which does a Unix 'ls' and pipe it to a file. I ran this C program from External Procedure and it works fine (with specifying full path). So my C program works and external procedure works.

I also have another C program that connects to a Netscape Directory Server and validate a user's NT username and password. This C program works perfect every time when running at the Unix prompt, but when calling it from External Procedure, it would even connect to the LDAP server. Keeps getting LDAP_PROTOCOL_ERROR whenever doing a connect to LDAP. So...external works and LDAP validation C program works, but using the two together does not.

So frustrating!

In article
<D707290995CCE839.F16BD49F36C77CA1.76F0EC5656C85DF4_at_lp.airnews.net>,   Paul Cluiss <paul_cluiss_at_intervoice.com> wrote:
> Are you calling 'system()' from a procedure in ProC? If so, then
Oracle has
> nothing to do with it, and the problem then is reduced to C
programming.
> Let us know.
>
> Paul Cluiss
> Richardson, Texas
>
> GoPahDoo wrote:
>
> > running
> > Unix Solaris
> > Oracle 8i (8.1.5)
> > I want to execute a Unix shell script from within Oracle
Procedure. Is
> > this possible? I can not get it to work.
> >
> > Let's say I have a Unix shell script call "test.sh".
Within "test.sh" is

--
Shawn Huynh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 14 2000 - 11:08:04 CST