Re: How to change my password

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:29:50 -0500

Also, If you need to change Oracles's internal password you have to delete and then recreate the Oracle password file using orapwd utility on unix or orapwdXX on NT and then reassign users on sysdba role. See your Oracle server platform specific installation guide.

Good luck,
Eugene.

Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote in message news:vmvfass8u6ieak79670lp4pp15628oivbs_at_4ax.com...
> A copy of this was sent to "Dirk Poppke" <poppke_at_iug.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:36:17 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi there!
> >
> >Stupid question: I would simply change my password under Oracle 8.1.5.
> >Any Idea!?
> >

> SQL> alter user YOUR_NAME_HERE identified by YOUR_NEW_PASSWORD;
>

> >Thanks,
> >Dirk
> >

> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation Received on Mon Feb 14 2000 - 10:29:50 CST